Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another Class, Another Semester

I just wanted to take what I think is my last blog to reflect upon the semester.

What did you/I learn?
  • That using too many be, been, was, etc. is bad.
  • That goes for them and they
  • English/writing doesn't have to be awful
  • I never want to write in inquiry paper again, but I know I am going to have to so, I'm glad I got my first one over with
  • Redos are helpful in the learning process-doesn't have to be a bad thing
  • Difference between inquiry, convincing, and persuasive papers
What had you/I wished I learned?
  • Different formatting times (ie APA, Chicago style, etc)
  • how to write effective blogs (I still don't get how blog writers can get people to read theirs)
How did you/I improve?
  • I am able to write in a way that makes more sense to people other than myself
  • More confidence in my writing
  • How to critique papers effectively
Overall I think this was a very productive semester for me. I want to thank all of you for helping me overcome my fear or writing/showing other people what I've written by being very open and honest but not mean. I hope you all got a lot out of this class as well.

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    Those are all things I have learned as well! I thought that this English class was going to be just like my English 125 class where I didn't learn anything new, but this class has made a lot of changes in my writing. I have also enjoyed everyone's personalities and thoughts. I hope everything goes well...see you in physiology!

    ReplyDelete